JOIN OUR MUNSON HEALTHCARE TEAM!
The Critical Care APP is a member of the Pulmonary Medicine team with the primary responsibility of managing patients with acute, critical, and chronic illness and disease in the intensive care setting. The Critical Care APP has a specialized skill set and knowledge about caring for critically complex patients, i.e., Neuro, Medical and Surgical. In this position, the APP will work under direction of the Manager, Pulmonary & Critical Care and collaboratively with a matrix reporting relationship to the Pulmonary Clinical Director. The APP will also work collaboratively with all Critical Care Physicians, the Neurocritical Care Director, and Surgical Services Clinical Director.
Join a not-for-profit healthcare system and find the right balance between a rewarding career and living in a region that offers a rich blend of adventure, relaxation, and breathtaking natural attractions.
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Competitive compensation and full benefits
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Manages complex acute, critical, and chronically ill adult patients at risk for urgent and emergent conditions, using both physiologically and technologically derived data, to manage physiologic instability and risk for potential life-threatening conditions.
- Obtains medical histories, performs physical exam, and develops assessment and plan.
- Collaborates, as appropriate, with others to diagnose and manage acute and chronic and/or multi-system health problems including, but not limited to: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, pneumonia, Sepsis, Diabetic Ketoacidosis, Stroke (both hemorrhagic and ischemic), Acute Abdomen and Traumas.
- Identifies the presence of comorbidities and the potential for rapid physiologic deterioration or life-threatening instability.
- Collaborates with intraprofessional and interprofessional team to achieve optimal patient outcomes during acute, critical and/or complex chronic illness including daily rounding with the interdisciplinary team.
- Employs interventions, both pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic, to regain and maintain physiologic and psychological stability.
- Performs diagnostic and therapeutic interventions including, but not limited to: Interpretation of EKG and imaging studies, Laboratory and Radiologic Studies, Respiratory support, Hemodynamic monitoring, Lumbar puncture, Wound debridement and Closure, central line, arterial line, hemodialysis catheters, chest tubes, thoracentesis/paracentesis, and suture removal.
- Implements interventions to support the patient with a rapidly deteriorating physiologic condition based on Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Fundamentals of Critical Care Support.
- Collaborates with the patient, family, and others to provide palliative and end-of-life care options.
- Provide Consult Services in coordination with a partnering (in the case of a Physician Assistant) or supervising (in the case of a Nurse Practitioner) physician.
- Provides care coordination, which includes managing a variety of ancillary services, pre-operative plans, discharge planning, provider referrals and medical devices such as insulin pumps, defibrillators, and pacemakers.
- Maintains patient health records according to established standards and guidelines.
- Provides clinical direction to nursing staff regarding the continued care of patients.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Perform daily rounds with multidisciplinary team.
- Consult services and work under a supervising physician.
- Shifts are 7-7.
- Provide in house overnight coverage for ICU patients and new admissions with supporting physician. No on-call requirements.
- Master of Science in Nursing or Doctor of Nursing Practice degree from an accredited (CCNE) Nursing Program
- Certification as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner with further acute care education or training
- Current Unencumbered Nursing and Specialty Nurse Practitioner License in the State of Michigan
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies degree from an accredited (ARC-PA) Program
- Certification as a Physician Assistant by the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA)
- Current Unencumbered Physician Assistant license in the State of Michigan
ABOUT THE MUNSON PHYSICIAN NETWORK
Physicians & Advance Practice Providers Employed by or under a Professional Services Agreement with an MHC entity.
NOTE: Does not include independent members of the medical staff
- 550+ Physicians and Advance Practice Providers
- >65 Practice Sites
- Primary and Specialty Care
- Inpatient and Ambulatory Care
- $120M Net Revenue Annually
- Area of Continued Strategic Growth for MHC
ABOUT MUNSON MEDICAL CENTER
Munson Medical Center – the regional referral center for all of northern Michigan – has earned a national reputation for top quality care. The 442-bed hospital offers the only verified Level II Trauma Center and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Michigan’s northern lower peninsula, nationally recognized cardiac care provided at the Webber Heart Center, advanced oncology services in the leading-edge Cowell Family Cancer Center, a Primary Stroke Center, heart and cancer research programs, a robust teaching hospital for residents, interns, medical students, and nursing students, and a stellar orthopedics program. Munson Medical Center has served Grand Traverse, Leelanau, and Antrim counties since 1915, with a long history and heritage of keeping patients at the center of all they do.
As a non-profit healthcare system, Munson Healthcare provides more than $60 million annually in:
- Community Education
- Free, discounted, and unreimbursed healthcare services
- Healthcare programs
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Munson Healthcare grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.