Radiation Therapist - PRN
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): PRN
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57550
PRN position Monday-Friday (no weekends)
8 hour shift as needed for coverage
Live in a place you LOVE, Work in a place you're RESPECTED
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
- Bachelors degree in Radiation Therapy Technology OR graduate of an approved school of Radiation Therapy Technology.
- Between 1 and 3 months of on site training is required under the direction of the Radiation Oncology, medical physicist, department manager, and staff radiation therapist.
- Registered or registry eligible with the A.R.R.T.
- Must be able to work with patients who are critically ill.
- Must be able to set up and administer individual treatments with a minimum of supervision. Must have the mathematical ability to calculate treatment dosimetry on time.
- In accordance with the prescription and instructions of a Radiation Oncologist, operates radiation therapy equipment in order to simulate and/or treat patients. Performs radiation dosage calculations, routine preventative maintenance checks and warm up procedures on equipment as necessary.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance– Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity– Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility– A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!