Front line representative with skills in multiple areas such as computer use, multi-line phone use and knowledge of the insurance and billing process. Greets, instructs and schedules patients and visitors. Provides administrative support to physician practice.
High school graduate. One year of experience in a hospital or health related field with focus on medical registration and medical terminology strongly desired. Must be proficient in MS Word with knowledge of Windows based applications and possess a proven ability to effectively use multiple computer systems. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with both public and coworkers orally and in writing, and the ability to work positively with all levels of clinical staff. Familiarity with coding and billing systems desired. Assertiveness, organizational skills, effective time management, flexibility and self-motivation are essential. Human relations and interpersonal skills are required. Ability to perform general clerical duties such as filing, faxing, data collection, type written correspondence, etc., is required. Works in a well lighted, air conditioned office setting. Subject to elements of time pressure and interruptions of activities. Must be able to meet physical demands such as bending, stretching, kneeling, twisting, etc.
Surgery scheduling experience or surgical office experience. EHR experience a plus, preferably eClinical Works.
Reports to Office Coordinator and Manager of Ambulatory Physician Practices.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC initiatives.
- Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for appointment scheduling, scheduling surgeries and ancillary testing with preauthorizations. Coordinates specialty referrals.
- Responsible for patient information data entry, verifying insurances, collecting patient financial responsibilities and secure handling of transactions.
- Interaction with customers is expected to be friendly, appropriate and accurate. As the first line of communication with the public and outside callers, this individual must create a professional image through outstanding telephone courtesy, pleasantness, the ability to keep their composure and the use of judgment and tact in dealing with others.
- Maintains a professional working relationship with staff members, ancillary services and medical staff.
- Participates in a team fashion with assuring patient flow. Participates in ongoing process improvement to maintain high quality patient care.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Customer Focus
- Ensures customer satisfaction
- Clear and courteous at all times, works to resolve conflicts
- Analytical Thinking
- Determines priority and distinguishes between critical and non-critical information for problem resolution
- Concern for Order and Standards
- Checks accuracy of own work and takes accountability
- Reprioritizes quickly to accommodate unexpected demands
- Recognizes that others possess valuable expertise and actively solicits others’ opinions, ideas and recommendations. Builds consensus with others