High school diploma required.
Associates degree in business, accounting, medical office management, medical administration, secretarial science, health services administration, or related degree preferred.
In lieu of an Associate’s Degree, candidate must have 5 years’ experience in a highly demanding, customer driven fast-paced, professional work environment that included acute attention to detail, multifaceted work demands with emphasis on quickly prioritizing and resolving a high volume of scheduling needs, preferably in a health care environment.
Knowledge of MHC’s automated information systems.
Knowledge of billing and coding, electronic medical records, and medical terminology a
Superior customer relationship skills and proven ability to communicate effectively and accurately, verbally and in writing with all levels.
Must be able to work independently and prioritize projects and timelines within a flexible schedule.
Must be able to work with a team in order to accomplish and implement goals within a dynamic practice environment.
Able to operate under frequently stressful conditions. Is willing to embrace and support change as necessary to obtain operational and performance efficiencies.
Ability to take initiative, problem solve, and remedies scheduling conflicts to ensure patients are scheduled for surgery in a timely manner.
Ability to manage multiple priorities.
Reports to Manager.
POPULATIONS SERVED COMPETENCIES, INCLUDING AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
__Neonatal (birth-1 mo) X Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs)
__Infant (1 mo-1 yr) X Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs)
__ Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) X Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs)
__Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) X Geriatric (65 yrs & above)
X Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) __All ages (birth & above)
__No direct clinical contact with patients
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for on time delivery of assigned projects.
- Identifies and develops skills necessary to meet requirements of
the role and to better identify ways to streamline processes and improve patient satisfaction.
- Communicates effectively with patients, staff and physicians to ensure clear
understanding of initiatives and implementation process.
- Engages and collaborates with patients, families, staff, and providers within the office
and the greater community, as applicable, to schedule surgeries, pre-op physicals, and testing in a timely manner, creating and promoting a professional image, including outstanding telephone courtesy, pleasantness, the ability to keep their composure and the use of judgment and tact in dealing with others.
- Working with multiple departments, including, but not limited to, surgery, lab, radiology, and pre-operative assessment clinic (POAC), manages the timely scheduling of surgeries, pre-op physicals, and testing for patients at MMC and the NWMSC.
- Identifies ways to streamline the surgical scheduling process to increase its efficiency, thereby increasing patient satisfaction, improving patient care, and increasing revenue.
- Utilizes electronic systems as much as possible to ensure that others within the Munson Healthcare System have access to records.
- Ensures that prior authorizations are completed as required for surgical procedures in a timely manner as required by individual insurances. Additionally, identifies how prior authorizations can be managed more effectively in a more efficient manner.
- Ensures that documentation is complete to support the accurate billing of surgical procedures, i.e., insurance verification, prior authorization, etc.
- Ensures that scheduling tools are complete, accurate and up to date at all times, through the use of timely checking and updating from voice mail, e-mail, memos, intranet communication, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.