Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Req ID: 57735
Afternoon Shift! Shift premium!
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
· We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
· After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as a Healthcare Mechanic at Munson Healthcare?
· Our team works in positive, supportive and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
· Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
· Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
· Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
· Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Valid Michigan driver’s license.
· Proven mechanical work experience or vocational course(s) (i.e., drafting, machine shop, auto repair, construction, electrical/electronic). Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
· MECH Senior Certification completion encouraged within four (4) years.
· Physical requirements: must be able to lift medium loads (25-50 pounds), climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl occasionally (0-33% of the workday); and must be able to walk and handle materials frequently (34-66% of the workday).
What you would do:
· Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
· Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare with a focus on True North.
· Promotes personal and patient safety.
· Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
· Periodically degreases floors and equipment.
· Replaces burned-out lighting equipment and lamps.
· Makes simple plumbing repairs.
· Installs small pieces of equipment (e.g., towel dispensers, curtain rods, soap dispensers).
· Performs preventive maintenance tasks as directed (e.g., electrical safety readings, filter checks, equipment lubrication).
· Cleans and maintains work areas in a neat, orderly and safe condition.
· Prepares and submits reports and records of activities as required.
· Demonstrates basic computer literacy skills.
· Inspects steam valves and traps for proper operation.
· Operates BAS (building automation system) a computerized facilities utility system.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Benefits of Working at Munson: