Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57726
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
· We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
· After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
As a member of the Revenue Integrity Team, this position will work with revenue producing departments to maintain and update the system-wide Charge Masters. Responsible for pricing logic analysis, departmental reviews, compliance to governmental regulations and third-party billing support. Position will involve problem-solving, routinely interacting with the CBO and facility claim processing personnel.
Why work as a Sr Revenue Cycle Analyst at Munson Healthcare?
· Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or business related field is required. RHIA certification is preferred. RHIA certification must be obtained within 3-5 years of hiring.
· Registered Nurse with the State of Michigan is preferred.
· Meditech and/or Cerner hospital information system experience is preferred.
· Seven or more years of experience in healthcare or healthcare finance.
· Solid understanding of medical records coding, competence in regulatory issues with knowledge and experience of hospital charging and billing is essential.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required to interact effectively with all levels of hospital personnel.
· Previous experience in chargemaster development, hospital billing procedures and working with a variety of third-party payor issues is required.
· Must be computer proficient and adaptable to new software systems. Good working knowledge or MS Office programs including Word and Excel.
· Previous experience in facilitating educational sessions or in staff training is required.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
*Terms and conditions apply