Location: Traverse City
Req ID: 57795
Live in a place you LOVE, Work in a place you're RESPECTED
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Join a high functioning team of talented clinical pharmacists, technicians, and pharmacy leaders.
- Thrive on creating a great working environment where individuals feel valued and supported to develop professionally and personally.
- Our team is dedicated to one another and our patients to provide the very best care for our families and community.
- Enjoy the balance of professional life with personal adventures, so you can have the best of both worlds here in Northern Michigan!
General Clinical Pharmacist
The Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for the provision of safe, effective, appropriate and cost-efficient medication therapy to patients. The Clinical pharmacist will work directly with providers, other health professionals, and patients to ensure that the medications prescribed for patients contribute to the best possible health outcomes. Clinical pharmacists verify orders for medications, monitor patient medication therapies, provide drug information, and supervise and direct support personnel.
- Graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharmacy degree or higher
- Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in the state of Michigan or eligible for licensure*
- Eligible for licensure/licensure requirements is defined as:
- State of Michigan licensure as a Registered Pharmacists is required within 90 days of employment
- Those seeking licensure in the state of Michigan will have 90 days to do so.
- If at 90 days licensure is not obtained, continued employment will be evaluated and termination of employment may occur.
- All clinical pharmacists job duties will be performed under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist until licensure in the State of Michigan is obtained AND training has been successfully completed.
- Health-system experience or PGY-1 residency completion preferred, but not required
- PGY-2 Residency completion desired but not required for specialty areas (ED, OR, ONC)
- Board Certification preferred, but not required
- Two of more years of Health-system experience required with a focus in informatics or PGY-2 specialty residency in informatics completion
- ASHP Certification in Informatics highly desired
- Familiarity with pharmacy automation, pharmacy computer system applications, or information technology experience preferred
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance– Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity– Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility– A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply