Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57756
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
· We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
· After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
The HIM Specialist is responsible for various administrative tasks as well as medical record completion activities including the suspension of clinical privileges. Knowledgeable of regulatory and hospital requirements pertaining to the record of care, is a point of contact for medical staff inquiries, department orientation for new providers, and medical record audit activities. Adept to record workflow issues and resolution.
Why work as a Health Information Specialist at Munson Healthcare?
· High School graduate or GED equivalent is required.
· Associate’s degree preferred. In lieu of an Associate’s degree, a minimum of two years’ recent, relevant experience in healthcare related field will be given consideration.
· Six months’ experience in Health Information Management at Munson Medical Center or in another healthcare setting is required.
· Experience in these applications is required: Microsoft Office, Chart tracking/deficiency system, PowerChart (or other electronic medical record system).
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
*Terms and conditions apply