Revenue Cycle Analyst - Remote
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57852
**CPC Certification Required
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
As a member of the Revenue Cycle Team, this position will work with revenue producing departments to maintain and update the system-wide Chargemasters. Responsible for pricing logic analysis, departmental reviews, compliance to governmental regulations and third party billing support. Position will involve problem-solving, routinely interacting with the CBO and facility claim processing personnel.
Why work as a Revenue Cycle Analyst at Munson Healthcare?
- Remote work schedule
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development
- Be a part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day
- Our employees work in positive, supportive, and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Information Systems, Healthcare Administration or related field required.
- Three to five years experience in healthcare or healthcare finance.
- Must be able to complete detailed financial analyses in a timely manner & formulate recommendations based on the analysis.
- Able to perform research using published resources and the Internet and to prepare recommendations based on that research.
- Able to understand and analyze payor regulations, reimbursement and coding guidelines.
- Two to three years of professional coding experience and must obtain the credentials of a certified professional coder (CPC) within 18 months of employment OR three to five years of professional coding experience and has obtained the credentials of a certified professional coder (CPC).
- Must attain a minimum of 90% on Munson Coding-Billing Test for consideration of role, and maintain a test score of 90% or above on a semi-annual testing basis.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to comfortably interact with diverse populations.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply