Ultrasonographer I or ll - PRN
Status (FT/PT): PRN
Shift: Rotating shift
Req ID: 57892
Live in a place you LOVE, Work in a place you're RESPECTED
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as an Ultrasonographer at Munson Healthcare?
- Our technologists work in positive and supportive environments built on our organizational values.
- We have opportunities in outpatient and hospital settings.
- Ultrasound technologists are an important part of providing safe, high-quality care to patients throughout northern Michigan.
- Play a critical role in patient care settings such as the Emergency and OR departments.
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development.
- Our Ultrasonographers perform General and Vascular exams including Abdomen, OB, Breast, Biopsies and Procedures. There is opportunity to enhance your skills to include MFM, MSK and/or Vascular Ultrasound.
- Must have passed or is eligible for the examination of the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers. Continued employment is provisional based on completion and certification by the ARDMS within six months. Registered technologists must be in good standing.
- Previous experience as a Staff Technologist preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience in Ultrasound is preferred but not required.
- Maintains BLS certification with biannual renewal
We are looking for:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and patient service skills
- Desire to be part of a Team
- Passion for Imaging in the Medical field
- The physical stamina and mobility required to operate imaging equipment
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance– Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity– Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility– A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!