Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57910
Healthcare Educator – Simulation
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
· We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
· After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as a Healthcare Educator at Munson Healthcare?
· Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
· Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
· Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
· Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
· Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
· Bachelor’s degree in clinical nursing or related field. Master’s degree in nursing or education preferred.
· Active Registered Nurse license in the State of Michigan
· 3 years’ experience in a bedside RN capacity required. Critical Care Nursing preferred.
· Current BLS Certification. Additional advanced certification required (ACLS, PALS, or NRP). ACLS certification preferred. BLS instructor certification preferred.
· Experience with project management, coordinating education, or information management. Proven ability to be self-directed and team oriented.
· Functions within the policies and procedures of the hospital and the performance standards established by Staff Development for the Simulation Educator and AHA Training Site Coordinator.
· Performs maintenance or repairs of simulation and CPR equipment. Manages inventory; arranges for repair/replacement of broken equipment and maintains contact with vendors.
· Assists the Senior Coordinator of Simulation Education in establishing annual goals and objectives for simulation and AHA courses.
· Prepares, analyzes and maintains a variety of comprehensive, and specialized reports.
· Performs responsibilities specific to the Simulation Educator:
o Designs, modifies and facilitates simulations following national simulation standards for the Munson Healthcare system.
o Consults and schedules simulation events.
o Provides simulation training for those facilitating simulations.
o Provides facilitation and technical support for those facilitating simulations.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
About Traverse City, Michigan
Traverse City is an official “Coast Guard City” and sits at the base of twin bays. We have award-winning schools, a community college, year-round recreation, as well as vibrant cultural and social opportunities often found in much larger cities.