This job posting is no longer active.
Status (FT/PT): Part-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 56349
We improve lives, join our team!
Part-time and PRN positions available
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Family Medicine Advanced Practice Professional to join our Munson Provider Flex Team. This team provides coverage to Munson Healthcare outpatient clinics, both primary care and urgent care/walk-ins throughout the system. This position offers a rewarding career and flexible schedule. We have a part time option and PRN options available.
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
· Competitive compensation and full benefits
· 401(k) matching
· Continuing education credits
· Health and dental insurance
· Malpractice insurance
· Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
· Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
· Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
· Student loan repayment eligible
· Relocation assistance
· Savings & retirement plans, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
STANDARDS OF CARE
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3. Promotes personal and patient safety.
4. Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
5. Munson Healthcare and its partners work together to provide superior quality care and promote community health.
6. Acknowledges safety is a self-responsibility. Knows physical requirements of the job and works within those guidelines. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
7. As a health care provider, the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant works in conjunction with their physicians in providing a full spectrum of primary care services to their assigned patients. The primary responsibility of the nurse practitioner or physician assistant is to promote and maintain health in all age populations; and to prevent disease and illness exacerbation.
8. Maintains visibility within the community as a primary health care provider. Serves as a role model to clinic staff, faculty, and the community at large.
9. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education / Training:
· 2+ years experience as an APP in outpatient medicine preferred
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
· BCLS Certified
· Candidate must apply for and be granted applicable clinical privileges through MHC’s credentialing processes before rendering services
· Good judgment and problem solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Ability to make quality, independent medical decisions.
· Time management and organizational skills.
ABOUT MUNSON HEALTHCARE
Munson Healthcare is northern Michigan’s largest and leading healthcare system. Based in Traverse City, Mich., our team of medical experts, award-winning hospitals, and related organizations serve people in 30 counties. Munson Healthcare is comprised of regional referral center Munson Medical Center (Traverse City) and 7 community hospitals: Cadillac Hospital (Cadillac), Charlevoix Hospital (Charlevoix), Grayling Hospital (Grayling), Kalkaska Memorial Health Center (Kalkaska), Manistee Hospital (Manistee), Otsego Memorial Hospital (Gaylord), and Paul Oliver Memorial Hospital (Frankfort). Across the system there are 694 licensed acute care beds and 212 licensed long-term care beds. Most of the region’s 540,000 residents can receive comprehensive quality care in or near their local community with access to sophisticated diagnostic technology such as 3D tomography, advanced cancer and heart treatments, and the latest robotic technology, stereotactic radiosurgery, and non-invasive surgical procedures.
As a non-profit healthcare system, Munson Healthcare provides more than $60 million annually in:
After a great day at work, a four-season playground is waiting for you right outside the door wherever you choose to live in northern Michigan. Northern Michigan has many “must see” places for family vacations, fine arts, local craft beer and wine, farm-to-table food, fun festivals, sailing, golf, hiking, skiing, fishing, and miles of pristine freshwater shoreline. The region boasts award-winning schools, community colleges, and a busy airport with daily service to major cities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer