Coordinator Clinical Value - HYBRID
This job posting is no longer active.
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57303
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
- Serves as the NMSA supply chain clinical liaison for the MHC system.
- Analyzes and understands med/surg category spend (General Ledger, Materials Management Information System, Trinity Health financial analyses, and other Finance records).
- Supports and manages product standardization and value analysis processes for assigned categories. Analyzes the item file/formulary, identifies opportunities for product standardization, prepares analyses, tracks and achieves assigned savings targets. Prioritizes standardization strategies within product categories to maximize control/reduction of spend, contract compliance, and standardization of care across the Munson Healthcare system. This requires active participation on the MHC Value Analysis (VA) Clinical Services Team, working with clinicians, end-user staff, support departments, suppliers, Trinity Health (Trinity) and our Group Purchasing Organization (GPO). Responsible for providing information to the MHC VA Clinical Services Team on upcoming and outstanding product standardizations and contract conversions, along with the anticipated system financial impact for each.
- Chairs the Value Analysis Implementation Team responsible for successful implementation of approved product conversions across the MHC system, and coordination of product education/training with suppliers,
- Evaluates and authorizes item file additions, changes, or deletions resulting from product standardization projects and contract conversions.
- Coordinates, reviews, and analyzes NMSA’s and Munson Healthcare’s participation in and compliance with GPO, Trinity, and private contracts. Manages requests for new clinical supplies. Monitors contract compliance and alerts the Manager of Strategic Sourcing and the Director of Supply Chain of potential contract compliance issues.
- Identifies substitute products to address back orders or alternative suppliers for the same OEM product. This involves identifying items that do not have a substitute, obtaining substitute samples and pricing, and working with suppliers, purchasing, Trinity, and the GPO.
- Coordinates NMSA’s Value Analysis activities with appropriate Trinity Health sourcing personnel/activities. Participates on Trinity Health teams as necessary.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Why work as a Coordinator Clinical Value at Munson Healthcare?
- Hybrid Work Schedule
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development
- Be a part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day
- Our employees work in positive, supportive, and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan, with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Five (5) years of clinical experience and sufficient experience with or aptitude for business analysis and situations to effectively and efficiently perform business analyses and lead value analysis teams created to accomplish product review, standardization, and product conversion. Two years or more supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Must use strong and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills at all times.
- Must be able to create and maintain positive, professional working relationships and be willing to work in and encourage a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills, be detail-oriented, be a self-starter and independent worker able to effectively prioritize and manage own workload.
- Able to maintain a system-focused approach while supporting multiple locations: hospital acute care facilities, facilities that include long term care needs, clinics, and stand-alone locations.
- A valid Operator’s License prior to employment, due to traveling requirements for this position.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply