Clinical Coordinator RN - Walk-in Clinic
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57917
The Urgent Care clinical coordinator provides clinical and supervisory support to the clinical and clerical staff within the department. The RN works closely with clinic management to ensure the delivery of high-quality and safe patient care to our community who are seeking treatment for acute illness and injury. The RN communicates effectively and efficiently to all members of the team to reinforce a desirable work environment.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or higher. Master’s in Nursing or health-related administration preferred.
- Excellent analytical, communications, facilitation, and computer software skills are required.
Charge Nurse experience preferred
- Acute patient care experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates exceptional professional role model behavior that supports initiatives in a positive, consistent manner.
- Possesses clinical competence and ownership of practice.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills consistent with Relationship Based Care (RBC), Commitment to Co-worker, Munson Medical Center’s Mission and Values.
- Demonstrates exceptional problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates ability to organize, identify, change priorities and be flexible in decisions.
- Demonstrates ability to lead/direct others through positive role modeling, honesty, integrity, direct communication, inspiration, and holding self- accountable.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Promote personal and patient safety.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare with a focus on True North
- Treat others and their ideas with respect and dignity.
- Set a good example for others.
- Be an active coach for everyone in the organization.
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty, integrity, and communication.
- Insist on excellence and be accountable to one another.
- Build group cohesiveness and pride through teamwork.
- Coordinates day-to-day operations of the unit and addresses call-ins and scheduling gaps.
- Evaluates patient care in relation to expected outcomes.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with all members of the team, including Urgent Care providers and staff and is a liaison with other departments/units within the network.
- Participates in the evaluation of programs, processes and desired patient-centered outcomes.
- Assists manager/director to evaluate staff performance based on professional practice standards, relevant statues and regulations, organizational criteria, and RBC philosophy.
- Mentors and coaches staff to attain optimal performance.
- Assigns patient care consistent with organizational policies, primary nursing model of care, procedures, legal, and regulatory requirements, according to the knowledge and skills of the designated caregiver as per unit standards.
- Assists manager/director through participation in the Annual Discussion process of same shift staff as well as providing assistance and feedback with the corrective action process as needed by unit.
- Maintains annual staff competencies to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Creates schedules for clinical and clerical team.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- RN will be scheduled to work frontline shifts as charge RN to maintain clinical skills.
- Maintain patient flow and throughput in an efficient and timely manner.
- Participate in the review of medication and supply expiration dates.
- Initiate laboratory follow-up and changes in treatment if necessary under the direction of the Urgent Care provider on duty.
- Perform POC lab testing.
- Provide health education as needed.
- Maintain accurate and necessary patient documentation.
- Provide counseling and home treatment advice according to established guidelines and standards of care.
- Works within RN scope of practice.