Financial Assistance Specialist
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 57942
Monday-Friday - No weekends
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
The Financial Assistance Specialist role is to provide a consistent method of determining eligibility within the Munson Healthcare Financial Assistance Policy. This position evaluates the customers financial situation to ensure all financial resources have been exhausted and works closely with customers to ensure supporting documents have been submitted. An analyses of the customers financial statements is performed to determine if they are qualified and in compliance with all State and Federal financial assistance regulations for hospitals.
Why work as a Financial Assistance Specialist at Munson Healthcare?
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development
- Be a part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day
- Our employees work in positive, supportive, and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- Bachelor's degree required. Consideration will be given to individuals with an Associate's degree and five years' experience in healthcare, or a business-related field.
- Minimum of two years' experience working with the public.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills and a high level of interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced keyboarding, spreadsheets, and system applications. Ability to use diverse applications at one time.
- Must have above average verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to converse well on the telephone and in face-to-face situations.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply