Customer Service Support Rep - Part-time
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Part-Time
Req ID: 58067
Part-time, 20 hours/week, 3pm-1:30am
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Is required to meet minimum quality and productivity scores as defined by management.
- Ability to handle a frequent demand of shifting priorities and deadlines with a broader scope of complexity.
- Responsible for data accuracy and input on Star.
- Handles questions from patients or interested persons concerning insurance, credit, or other problems relating to the hospital.
- Interviews in person or by phone, patients and relatives requesting payment arrangements or assistance.
- Resolves problems regarding insurance, lack of information, and provides financial assistance as required. Takes payments and makes payment arrangements on any unpaid balances.
- Verifies insurance benefits on problem accounts.
- Works daily and weekly reports. Works delinquent payment plans.
- Dictates and sends collection letters as required. Handles problem patient correspondence.
- Handles incoming and outbound collection calls.
- Files claim with Probate Court against deceased patient’s estate.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Why work as a Customer Service Support Rep at Munson Healthcare?
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development
- Be a part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day
- Our employees work in positive, supportive, and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- Associates Degree preferred or two years experience in a healthcare, financial or customer service setting. Preference given to a degree in finance, business, and/or healthcare.
- Intermediate computer skills required including Microsoft Office experience. Must have knowledge and ability to learn, access and utilize relevant computer programs within 180 days of hire.Above average oral and written communication skills needed. The ability to succeed in a minimally supervised work situation and utilize proven decision making skills.
- Intermediate math skills are required.
- The applicant must have a current knowledge of third-party payer reimbursements.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply