Pharmacy Tech I / Trainee
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 58214
Schedule: 9:30-6pm, occasionally 7-3:30pm, every 3rd Saturday 8:30a-5pm
If you are looking to get started in a new career or change careers, this may be the job for YOU!
We are looking for:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Reliable with a keen eye for detail
Licensed Pharmacy Technicians are welcome to apply. Not licensed? No worries, join our team as a Trainee and get hands on experience in our Pharmacy department while we train you.
Pharmacy technician trainees are trained to assist pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient records. Pharmacy technician trainees will be trained to work under the supervision of a registered pharmacist. They do not perform duties that can legally be performed only by a registered pharmacist. Pharmacy technician trainees are trained to be a part of the first line to providing safe high-quality pharmaceutical care to our patients.
- Reports to Pharmacy Managers and/or Director of Pharmacy
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience preferred
- Health care experience desired
- Weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary