Status (FT/PT): PRN
Shift: Day/PM shift
Req ID: 58200
Seeking Russian, Ukrainian, and Spanish Interpreters
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
· We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
· After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as an Interpreter at Munson Healthcare?
· Our nurses work in positive, supportive and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
· We employ more than 1,000 nurses who practice in nearly every acute-care specialty. Our nurses are respected clinical experts and valued partners in care. They are recognized as mentors, educators and strong health care advocates. Professional nursing practice is emphasized and nurses participate in clinical decision-making and improve the quality of their work life.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
· Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
· Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
· Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
· Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
· Passes required bilingual fluency & conversation skills, knowledge of interpreting and ethics of interpreting assessment in order to be considered a qualified medical interpreter; this includes knowledge of medical terminology as required by regulation. Agrees to maintain required certification or qualifications for medical interpreting.
· Demonstrated exemplary customer relation skills and professional demeanor, with proven ability to communicate effectively and accurately, verbally and in writing with all levels within the organization and with outside agencies.
· Position requires a high degree of confidentiality regarding information available within the department and hospital
· Provides language interpretation services for patients/families receiving healthcare.
o Assures that patient/family member(s) know precisely what each speaker has said, rendering all messages accurately and completely, without adding, omitting, or substituting information.
o Replicates the register, style, and tone of the speaker.
o Maintains objectivity during interpretation, not allowing personal judgments or cultural values to bias interactions.
o Adheres to the National Council on Interpreting in Healthcare Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics.
The Benefits of Working at Munson: