Home Health Aide
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 58229
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
We are the most comprehensive home health program in Northern Michigan, providing kind, attentive and respectful in-home care for more than 50 years.
Why work as a Home Health Aide at Munson Healthcare?
- Our multidisciplinary teams include experienced RNs, providers, clinicians and support staff who will help you transition to your new role.
- We tailor our care to each person’s physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
- You’ll have a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for growth and development, including thousands of educational offerings, leadership development and tuition reimbursement.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a 75-hour nurse aide training and competency program, or state approved CHA or CENA program preferred
- Completion of Munson Home Care/Hospice’s Aide Skills/ Competency Checklist and written Aide Competency Test after hire and prior to making independent home visit.
- Six months experience as an aide in a home care setting preferred.
- Provides direct care and assistance to patients with bathing, personal hygiene, ambulation, exercise, activities of daily living, medications, nutrition, environmental and personal care services to patients in their homes consistent with specific written instructions provided by professional case managers.
- Position requires comfort with electronic documentation and communication.
- Allows for flexibility in daily scheduling in a supportive team environment.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting