Sr Health Information Clerk
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 58247
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
The primary role of the Senior Health Information Clerk is to manage the life cycle of the legal medical record after patient discharge. Performs retrospective record analysis to ensure all information is complete and in accordance with regulatory and hospital requirements. Assists with processing birth and death certificates Point of contact for Advance Care Planning documentation verification. Provides general clerical assistance.
Why work as a Sr Health Information Clerk at Munson Healthcare?
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development
- Be a part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day
- Our employees work in positive, supportive, and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of one year clerical experience preferably in healthcare, but not required.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office and general internet usage.
- Secondary level courses in medical or business programs are preferred.
- Experience in any of these applications is preferred: PowerChart, Kofax scanning, Electronic Birth Certificate, Dolbey transcription/dictation system.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply