JOIN MUNSON HEALTHCARE’S TEAM!
Full-time | Saturday – Friday; 7 on, 7 off schedule | Call Saturday evening and 1 additional evening while on service
Munson Healthcare and the Behavioral Health team are seeking a BE/BC physician to join our team of inpatient psychiatrists and APPs. This position is for service on our 17 -bed, adult inpatient behavioral health unit. Schedule is 7-on and 7-off. Our hospital psychiatry team includes 2 Psychiatrists, a Psychiatrist providing consultation and liaison, and 2 Advanced Practice Providers (PA/NP). The Psychiatrist covers the inpatient unit with one APP, typically splitting the patient load. The psychiatrist also covers consults on the weekend, which are limited. Call is one weekend day and one weekday during the week the psychiatrist is on service and none during the 7-off. Call is home call covering admissions and cross-coverage. Residents perform face to face evaluations overnight, so it is very rare to be called into the hospital. The Psychiatry department is expanding and leadership is eager to help you explore your clinical interests. The position includes teaching a mix of third- and fourth-year medical students, family medicine residents, and psychiatry residents.
Munson Healthcare is northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system, caring for a half million lives. In addition to inpatient and consultation services, MMC has an Outpatient clinic with a robust array of outpatient behavioral health services for mental illness and substance use disorder as well as a Partial Hospital Program. Join a not-for-profit healthcare system and find the right balance between a rewarding career with the ability to work completely remote.
Munson Healthcare offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- Competitive compensation and full benefits
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid time off
- Enjoy a busy, growing, and quality-focused practice of psychiatry including individual care, collaborative care, and other evidence-based practices.
- Work as an important member of the behavioral health team
- Participate as a member of a vibrant team of psychiatric providers that is growing and serving our system. Help to build that system.
- Competitive compensation package, including signing/relocation bonus.
- Board certified or board eligible physician
- MI license or eligible for medication licensure in the State of Michigan
ABOUT THE MUNSON PHYSICIAN NETWORK
Physicians & Advance Practice Providers employed by or under a Professional Services Agreement with an MHC entity.
NOTE: Does not include independent members of the medical staff
- 550+ Physicians and Advance Practice Providers
- >65 Practice Sites
- Primary and Specialty Care
- Inpatient and Ambulatory Care
- $120M Net Revenue Annually
- Area of Continued Strategic Growth for MHC
ABOUT MUNSON MEDICAL CENTER
Munson Medical Center – the regional referral center for all northern Michigan – has earned a national reputation for top quality care. The 442-bed hospital offers the only verified Level II Trauma Center and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Michigan’s northern lower peninsula, nationally recognized cardiac care provided at the Webber Heart Center, advanced oncology services in the leading-edge Cowell Family Cancer Center, a Primary Stroke Center, heart and cancer research programs, a robust teaching hospital for residents, interns, medical students, and nursing students, and a stellar orthopedics program. Munson Medical Center has served Grand Traverse, Leelanau, and Antrim counties since 1915, with a long history and heritage of keeping patients at the center of all they do.
- Community Education
- Free, discounted, and unreimbursed healthcare services
- Healthcare programs
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Munson Healthcare grants equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected category.