Biomedical Equipment Tech I
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 58364
Biomedical Equipment Technician
Entry level Biomed position. Will work closely under the supervision of Clinical Engineering Coordinators. Biomedical Equipment Tech I’s are expected to perform basic equipment repairs, and show knowledge and understanding of test equipment, and general use of the departments CMMS database.
Find more than your next job. Find collaboration.
Looking for a job with variety? Enjoy talking with people and making a difference? Join our Munson Home Care Team in Home Medical Equipment and you’ll:
- Improve patients’ lives EVERY DAY
- Be part of a world-class health care team – Munson Healthcare was just named the third best healthcare system to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022)
NOW OFFERING $10,000 SIGN ON BONUSES!
*As a part of Munson Healthcare’s commitment to providing quality patient care, qualified applicants accepting certain full-time positions are eligible for a $10,000 sign on bonus with employment commitment. Applicants can learn more about the sign on bonus and qualifications when connecting with a recruiter.
- High school graduate (GED or equivalent).
- Must possess an Associate degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology, Electronics Technology, IT Technology or be military trained in biomedical equipment service. Must meet educational requirements of BMET I.
- Or have enrolled in,or completed the Biomedical Equipment Technician certificate program from the College of Biomedical Equipment Technology.
- If enrolled in the Associates program(s), completion of the degree program is required within 3 years of hire date.
- If enrolled in the College of Biomedical Equipment Technology certificate program, completion is required within 1 year of hire date.
- Responds to requests for maintenance services on basic patient care equipment and advanced device types; performs initial assessment, problem verification, troubleshooting and repairs. Prioritizes service calls and unscheduled maintenance while ensuring responses are within acceptable guidelines and timeframes as required by the user department/unit.
- Completes the preventive maintenance (PM) workload for assigned equipment to achieve required PM compliance within pre-established time frames. Follows written preventive maintenance and quality assurance testing procedures for assigned medical equipment. Performs scheduled PM during normal hours, after hours and/or on weekends as required.
- Leads and/or assists in installations, acceptance testing and ongoing up-time management of new equipment; special projects; and in training other staff members on equipment operation and service.
- Identifies and obtains parts, supplies and other technical resource materials required to service, maintain, test and repair assigned equipment and determines the course of action needed to cost-effectively maximize equipment up-time.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
Experience the Total Rewards at Munson
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts