Billing Representative - Hybrid
This job posting is no longer active.
Status (FT/PT): Part-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 58401
**Part-time, 16 hours/week
**Hybrid - MUST RESIDE IN MICHIGAN
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
- Keeps current with changing billing requirements, and shares pertinent information with billing team members.
- Completes transmission process on electronic billing system for all current claims. Prepares and mails required hard copy claims to insurance companies, patients and/or other responsible parties.
- Unpaid claims followed up on every 30 days after the initial 45/60 day-processing period.
- Review rejections to ensure compliance with third party payers and take concerns to management.
- Produce credit reports quarterly as required by Medicare. Report all credit balances to the appropriate insurance payer and process according to the payer’s requirements within 30 days.
- Demonstrates understanding of Hospital reimbursement contracts. Determines if the payment received is in accordance with the third party payors required reimbursement.
- Processes coordination of benefits claims, complying with no-fault rules and regulations and all third party payers’ guidelines, in a timely manner.
- Analyzes and initiates corrective action for patient claims. This analysis includes: auditing charges, 72/24 hour requirements, payments and contractual agreements. Must be able to resolve payment questions with insurance companies.
- Verifies insurance benefits on problem accounts and assists patients resolve MSP/COB issues.
- Reviews records in Power Chart to confirm services as separate and distinct when multiple charges have been added to an account.
- Apply a working knowledge of 3M CCI edits.
- Uses Power Chart to collect and print records to send with all hard copy Auto Accident and Workers’ Comp claims.
- May provide billing services for multiple facilities.
- Reports to financial class billing coordinator and should support team structure with emphasis on commitment to my co-worker.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Why work as a Billing Representative at Munson Healthcare?
- Offers a remote work schedule
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development
- Be a part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day
- Our employees work in positive, supportive, and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate degree in business or healthcare field, or two years medical office experience preferred.
- Two years of related work experience in customer service, healthcare or business field required.
- Previous medical billing experience