Admissions Representative - PRN
Status (FT/PT): PRN
Shift: Day/Night shift
Req ID: 58415
**PRN, variable hours/week
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Under general supervision, interviews admitting patients (pre-admissions, inpatients and outpatients) to obtain pertinent demographic and insurance information, admits patients to all Hospital service areas, prepares admission documents, distributes Patient Bill of Rights, operates telephone switchboard, gives information, verifies insurance, accepting patient payments. Supports the organizational mission, values, vision, strategic plan and ensures that all regulatory and professional standards are maintained.
Why work as an Admissions Representative at Munson Healthcare?
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development
- Be a part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day
- Our employees work in positive, supportive, and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
- Twelve months of experience in data entry and/or word processing with demonstrated expertise in patient registration functions.
- Pre-employment condition: must provide recent (within two years) evidence of successful completion of a medical terminology course and/or pass a proficiency examination in medical terminology and medical spelling provided by Manistee Hospital.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to regularly communicate with patients, family members, visitors, physicians and providers in order to obtain necessary information and signatures and to direct customers in a positive manner.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and to prioritize multiple tasks and activities.