Surgical Technologist Apprentice Opportunity for Baker College, Northwestern Michigan College, & Kirtland Community College Students
Location: Traverse City
Req ID: 58458
This is an opportunity for Surgical Technologist students from Baker, Kirtland and NMC who have completed their didactic curriculum.
The Surgical Technologist Apprenticeship Program allows you to be paid as an apprentice during your program’s clinical hours in the operating room:
- Upon completion of the first clinical, apprentices are eligible for a $5,000 milestone bonus (less taxes) and receive a pay increase
- Complete 2nd clinical (apprenticeship) paid
- After graduation, move into a Graduate Surg Tech role as you continue to prepare for the certification exam.
- Once you pass the certification exam, you will receive a $5,000 completion bonus (less taxes)
- move to Certified Surgical Tech role and eligible for career ladder**
** 2 year commitment to work at MHC begins.
Why choose Munson? Our core Values speak to who we are and what you’ll find at Munson. Every day, we are focused on Improving Lives for each other, our patients and our communities through Excellence, Exceptional Experiences, Creativity, Positivity and Teamness.
Surgical technologists play a critical role on surgical teams at all Munson Healthcare hospitals. This position requires excellent clinical judgment, critical thinking, accuracy, and strong interpersonal skills. As a member of the OR team, you’ll work with many specialty surgeons, their physician assistants, and advanced practice registered nurses, all striving to provide excellent patient care in a dynamic environment. Specialties include cardiovascular, eye, endovascular, and neurology. Munson Healthcare offers many opportunities for clinical advancement.
Just starting your Surgical Technologist program or thinking about becoming a Surg Tech? Apply for a full-time or part-time position as an OR Aide link with benefits like tuition reimbursement to help you pay for school.