Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 58004
Carpenter/ Cabinet Maker
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as Carpenter/ Cabinet Maker at Munson Healthcare?
- Be part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day.
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development.
- Sets up shop equipment for operation by the laborer assigned to the Cabinet Shop.
- Appropriately reads and interprets blueprints.
- Performs take-off of materials and places orders for same.
- Applies plastic laminate to cabinets and trims and finishes same.
- Installs cabinets, shelving, mirrors, pictures, hand rails, partitions and other miscellaneous items in a workmanlike manner.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
- Highschool Diploma or GED & 18 years of age
- Four years cabinet shop experience including use of automatic edge bander, sliding table saw, multi-spindle boring machine and hinge boring machine
- Valid Michigan Driver License
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts