Cash Poster - Hybrid
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 58570
**Hybrid, 1-2 days/week on-site
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as a Cash Poster at Munson Healthcare?
- Hybrid work schedule
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development
- Our efforts directly impact patient satisfaction and outcomes
- Our employees work in positive, supportive, and compassionate environments built on our organizational values.
This position is responsible for posting insurance and patient payments into the billing software according to an explanation of benefits, or patient pay stubs.
This person will have to have excellent computer skills to be able to maneuver through multiple websites to find the insurance explanation of benefits, match them up with payments that have been deposited in the bank, and download them to be posted electronically or manually.
- Associates Degree preferred or two years experience in a healthcare, financial or customer service setting. Preference given to a degree in finance, business, and/or healthcare.
- Two (2) years work experience in customer service, healthcare or business-related field required.
- Intermediate computer skills required including Microsoft Office experience. Must have knowledge and ability to learn, access and utilize relevant computer programs, and meet quality standards and competency requirements within 180 days of hire.
- Above average data entry and accurate typing skills are required.
- Intermediate math skills are required.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply