Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 58577
This is an on-site position.
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a strategic mindset and take action.
- Build trusting and influential partnerships with senior leaders.
- Foster organizational and people effectiveness translating into an HR agenda that supports growth and change.
- Support business leaders, develop and execute operational and HR priorities focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, employee engagement and retention.
- Partner with recruitment to create people strategies and management of higher-level employee relations issues and investigations.
- Manage high volume and complex employee relation issues, investigations, conflict resolution and change management
- Help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience.
This HR Business Partner leader will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or related field and 5 years working in a people-related business consultative capacity; or 8 years of progressive human resource and/or management experience required.
- PHR/SHRM-CP Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a philosophy of creating a high-trust culture that empowers employees as individual contributors and fosters a strong team environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Human Resources field including employee relations, conflict resolution, investigation, policy application, workforce planning, and employee engagement.
- Strong knowledge and application of State and Federal employment laws and their application.
- Intention and ability to teach and foster the development and long-term capability of leaders and employees by providing coaching, direction, and feedback to enhance performance.
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 29 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
About Traverse City, Michigan
Traverse City is an official “Coast Guard City” and sits at the base of twin bays. We have award-winning schools, a community college, year-round recreation, as well as vibrant cultural and social opportunities often found in much larger cities.