Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 58636
Schedule: M-F and on call every other weekend and rotating weeknight on call
Join our team as an Ultrasound Tech in the picturesque town of Manistee, MI, where cutting-edge healthcare meets the tranquility of lakeside living. Embrace a rewarding career in our state-of-the-art facility while enjoying the natural beauty and community warmth that Manistee has to offer. Make a difference in healthcare with a view – your next professional adventure awaits in Manistee!
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs radiographic, ultrasound examinations of various anatomical parts and systems of the body in order to assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of physical injuries or medical disorders. Must be registered as ARDMS (American Registry Diagnostic Medical Sonographer).
Why work as an Ultrasonographer at Munson Healthcare?
- Our technologists work in positive and supportive environments built on our organizational values.
- Ultrasound technologists are an important part of providing safe, high-quality care to patients throughout northern Michigan.
- Completion of a two-year accredited radiologic technology program including course work in anatomy and physiology, radiation safety and hold current registration with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) with experience in vascular.
- Analytical, visual, hearing, and sensory touch acuity ability necessary to determine proper position and exposure factors based on suspected pathology, patient size and age, and other controlling factors.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with patients, frequently in situations which evoke anxiety or confusion and explain procedures and dispel unwarranted fears.
- Clerical ability necessary to maintain records, schedule exams, etc.
- Ability to a) apply knowledge of radiologic procedures and technique, b) learn to perform other diagnostic examinations as necessary, and c) become familiar with departmental policies and procedures.
- Ultrasound technologist must be able to understand clinical symptoms and be able to create diagnostic images that produce a diagnosis according to symptoms and organ structures being studied. Must learn and become certified in other ultrasound modalities, i.e. abdomen, OB/Gyn, breast, vascular and echo when requested.
- BLS Certified.
- Physical ability necessary for continual standing, sitting, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling up to an equivalent of associate's weight, sporadic keyboarding, utilization of personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to blood or body fluids, exposure to hazardous chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and radiation.
We are looking for:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and patient service skills
- Desire to be part of a Team
- Passion for Imaging in the Medical field
- The physical stamina and mobility required to operate imaging equipment
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance– Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity– Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility– A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply