Sr Info Security Engineer - SIEM and Threat Hunting lead
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 58667
Senior Information Security Engineer
Find more than your next job. Find your community.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted in the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them. And as one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as a Senior Information Security Engineer at Munson Healthcare?
- Be part of a team that nurtures a culture of caring every day.
- Our dynamic work environment includes many opportunities for growth and development.
- Participates in the design and administration of complex cyber defense systems and security solutions as a member of the Information Systems Data Security team. Possesses deep technical knowledge of security technologies and techniques, and mechanisms used by hackers to attack organizational data systems. Provides expertise and experience to the Data Security team. Ensures system event logs and messages are safely stored, and transmitted to alerting systems and processes which depend on them. Uses effective communication skills to consult with customers. Conducts research and analysis on new security products, services, and standards in the IT industry.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal and professional growth throughout the healthcare system
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes
- Teamwork – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
- Must have one of the following:
- Associate’s degree (preferably IS/Business or healthcare emphasis) with 4 years’ relevant experience (IS/Business or healthcare)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably IS/Business or healthcare emphasis) with 2 years relevant experience (IS/Business or healthcare)
- 6 years in healthcare or IS/Business experience
- Minimum 2 years expert technical cyber defense administration experience such as SIEM, and end point protection
- Certification in good standing, related to the duties and responsibilities specified, such as but not limited to CCSA, CCSE, CISA, CISSP, MCSE, MCITP, SANS GIAC
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CeH) in good standing
- Familiar with regulatory and legal security standards and requirements such as HIPAA, HiTech, PCI DSS and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Knowledgeable of cybersecurity frameworks HITRUST CSF and NIST CSF
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Full benefits, paid holidays, and paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts