Echo Sonographer Educator
Location: Traverse City
Status (FT/PT): Full-Time
Shift: Day shift
Req ID: 58670
Munson Medical Center
Cardiac Diagnostic Suite
1105 Sixth Street
Traverse City, Michigan
Find more than your next job. Find your community in a place you love to live.
- We’re northern Michigan’s largest healthcare system and we are deeply rooted and committed to the communities we serve. That means that our patients are often our family, friends and neighbors – and it’s special to be able to care for them.
- As one of the top healthcare systems to work for in Michigan by Forbes (American’s Best Employers by State 2022), we’re committed to your ongoing growth and development.
- After work, you’ll find things to do in every season – lakes & beaches, outdoor recreation, unique restaurants, world-class wineries, arts and entertainment.
Why work as an Echo Sonographer Educator at Munson Healthcare?
- Be part of a nationally recognized heart team that has provided advanced heart care longer than any other heart team in Northern Michigan.
- Because you love to teach and watch others thrive in a positive, supportive and compassionate environments built on our organizational values of Excellence, Exceptional Experiences, Positivity, Teameness and Creativity.
- Be a respected clinical expert and valued partner in providing exceptional patient care.
- Our dynamic work environment encourages and offers opportunities for growth and development.
How your role will influence our organization:
- Responsible for organizing educational programs in coordination with cardiologists to enhance the knowledge and performance of echo sonographers across the Diagnostic Heart and Vascular System.
- Develop individual education and training programs for new hires along with the Echo Coordinator.
- Acts as resource for technical questions and issues.
- Responsible for student placement and educational experience.
- Maintains a positive relationship with colleges and universities to bolster community relations for continued collaboration.
- Exercises educational supervision over a work group of technical employees and students.
- Associates Degree
- 5 years' experience
- Credentialed thru the ARDMS or the CCI
- Ability to effectively teach peers and students.
Why Choose Munson Healthcare:
- Balance – Get out on the water, in the woods, on the trails or around town.
- Opportunity – Be a part of northern Michigan’s leading healthcare team with opportunities for personal. and professional growth throughout the healthcare system.
- Flexibility – A career that can change as your life changes.
- Teamness – Our people make Munson Healthcare a great place to work!
The Benefits of Working at Munson:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical, dental & vision plans with savings plans.
- Paid time off (up to 19 days your first year)
- Tuition reimbursement and ongoing educational opportunities
- Retirement savings plan with employer match and personal consulting
- Wellness plans, an employee assistance program and employee discounts
*Terms and conditions apply